Listen to the Music

8.01.2008



AAH!! Summer! A time for fun in the sun, hanging out with friends, playing drinking games...well that's really year round for me, BUT, I love summer because that's when all the artists tour and play their oh-so-awesome music!

Today, I bought my tickets to see Ray Lamontagne! I have never seen him in concert before and I'm pretty pumped about it. Although, it's in October, I still just have that summertime music feeling!

I have acquired some new music this year...The Bridges, Modern Skirts, Paolo Nutini, Amos Lee (who by the way is my obsession of the moment because of his song "Arms of a Woman" and I just got tickets to see him Aug. 5 at Variety Playhouse). I would really like to thank Richard for opening my eyes to other music besides Ben, Jack and Ray. I had no idea that there were other artists out there who could really capture me.

If you don't know who The Bridges are, then you are definitely missing out...think all-girl band (well except for one guy) from Alabama who wear boots!! My kind of girls! Some of us went to see them at Variety Playhouse a couple of months ago...



The Modern Skirts are a local band from Athens and I'm sad that I wasn't able to see them when they were here..it was actually the same weekend as The Bridges. That weekend was definitely a music-filled weekend because I saw Blue Traveler and Drivin n Cryin that Saturday night.

Oh and Paolo, when will I get to see him? Who knows...he is touring in Europe and apparently I missed him while he was touring here in the States. I guess I wasn't a big fan of him until after he left..sadness. Why didn't I become obsessed with him while he was here? Now, if I could just get tickets to see Jack Johnson!!

0 comments: