Hey, Ma! Can we get some meatloaf?!

11.18.2009



Such the ultimate comfort food for me on these cold rainy days: meatloaf with mashed potatoes. You can never go wrong no matter what recipe you use. I was gonna go with a Paula Deen recipe that probably called for 14 ingredients, but found this recipe on the back of a Lipton Onion Soup Mix box. Super Easy!


1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs*
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup ketchup

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
2. Shape into loaf in 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan.
3. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Calories 320, Calories From Fat 70, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 125mg, Sodium 590mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g, Protein 28g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%

For my mashed potatoes, I always just make it up as I go and just keep tasting until it's just right! But here is a mashed potato recipe from gourmet.com that I want to try some day because it looks so delish!

1 comments:

Meg said...

With all of the rain and awful weather lately, this recipe can be put to good use frequently! Thanks for including the nutritional facts too. Your blog's helping me expand my cookbook!