Keving Gillespie, You Light My Fire

2.25.2010

And oh baby, Kevin Gillespie (the head chef), who won third place on Bravo's Top Chef, lit my fire at Woodfire Grill

Excuse my photos. I really need to get my camera situated so you can actually see the amazing food that I have been eating.



Before our meals, we were surprised with a spoonful of something that for the life of me I cannot remember. All I remember was that it was light and it tasted like a bouquet of flowers. Very fragrant!



For my starter, I definitely wanted to try the Black Truffle Mushroom Risotto. I mean black truffle, mushrooms and risotto, how can you go wrong?



Gillespie is known for his slow-cooked pork, but I wanted to try his Sturgeon. And of course it was just out of this world. Not a single flake of sturgeon left on my plate.

I topped the whole meal off with no, not a dessert, but a couple of glasses of bodegas borsao garnacha campo de borja tres picos. Now that's some great Spanish wine!

On a sidenote, but I am so proud of the culinary talent in Atlanta. We've had several of our awesome chefs on Bravo's Top Chef: Richard Blais, previously from One Midtown Kitchen and now Flip Burger; Hector Santiago, head chef at Pura Vida; Eli Kirshtein, from Eno

I know I'm missing several other chefs, so sorry chefs, but I suggest you check these places out!

3 comments:

Meg said...

I wish I lived closer so I could have come along for ladies' supper club! It sounds heavenly. Was everyone blown away by the cuisine?

J. Wo said...

Oh it was soo yummy! I am glad we get to share each other's company as we indulge in these celebrity chefs' art pieces! They are just divine! I wish I had my camera that night!

Pauline said...

Meg, you definitely need to come next time! The food was just awesome!! I think next month we are doing either buckhead restaurant week or inman park restaurant week.

J. Wo, I wish I had my camera too! these pictures don't do any justice to the food, but then again what picture will!