Eat Your Heart Out, The Shed at Glenwood

1.17.2010



I'm so grateful to have friends who are just as adventurous as I am with food. This past Saturday night we drove to Glenwood Park (which PS is such a cute area with condos, restaurants and bars) and sat ourselves down at The Shed at Glenwood. We ordered everything and anything on the menu that sounded even remotely like it just came straight from the farm to the table.

The appetizers we wanted to try were the innards of the chicken...the liver and the heart.

Chicken Liver-Bacon Bruschetta
Sad that I never got a picture. It was practically all gone by the time I remembered to take a picture. I was hungry! Tasted like a glorious chicken salad sandwich...delicious!


Pan Fried Chicken Hearts, Egg in a Basket
I know it sounds like I'm a maneater and I'm just out there to eat any kind of heart (chicken or man). This is a dish I definitely would recommend if you ever eat at The Shed.


Butternut Squash Soup!

For my main entree, I had the pork belly of course!


Crispy Pork Belly, Polenta, Organic Baby Turnips
The meat was so tender ! (TWSS)

And obviously we had to end the meal with dessert. The dessert menu was practically staring at me the whole time we were there.


Sheep's Milk Yogurt, Medjool Dates, Orange Blossom Honey
It was good, but I think it would be more of a breakfast item than a dessert.

Oh! and I almost forgot the wine! It probably helped out with the innard eating.


Navarro Correas Malbec 2007, Argentina

1 comments:

Meg said...

Oh my gosh! This sounds extremely adventurous! Lee is beside me and said how completely awesome all of this sounds. I think he's jealous he didn't have your dining experience. It all looks really good!